Saturday, May 30, 2009

Finally 101

So he may not propose me with a ring in my cake with a quartet behind us singing our song (do we even have ‘our’ song?) in some fancy place and perhaps not on his knees with roses in his hands while promising thousand things and saying beautiful words but we were at ‘our’ place, overlooking the entire Shah Alam city and I am sure he did not expect me to be in the position of me bending to tie his shoe lace (which mind you, I playfully untie it before that). He pointed the ring box and asks me to open it and after a hesitant 1 minute, asked me the 4 words I have been meaning to hear from him. Finally huh?

And to make things even cuter, he did not even dare (I think) to put the ring on my fingers, instead I had to ‘try’ it on and it matched perfectly. And suffice to say, I was crazy embarrassed and I don’t know why but perhaps because it was not expected?

So yeah, the proposal may not be as perfect as I imagined it to be when I was 9 years old. And I hate being told by my grandma how Razi proposed Shikin in some fancy hotel with the ring engraved with their name and how there’s a quartet singing their song, but for some reason or for all the reasons that matters, it is just perfect for me. And hey, that is all that matters right?
So yes, his imperfections, our imperfections are the one that made this relationship perfect.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment